Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2016

Coupons and Cash Savings

As a follow up to last weeks post about beginning couponing, I'm going to share my first time adventure of using coupons in the store.

I have used coupons before, like most people, but never on a large scale. Actually, this doesn't even count as large scale...more like large group...a large group of coupons.

I made my grocery list, matched up what I had manufacturer coupons for, and then added store coupons to my store card. We shop at Fry's Foods, and if you use their app or website, you can add store coupons directly to your customer card so the disctounts are taken when they scan your card at checkout. It makes couponing so much easier.

I will admit that I bought a few things I normally never would have bought, just because I had a coupon for it - like rice sides, frozen meals, and off-brands. The funny thing is, it allowed me to buy more food for less money than I normally spend. Go figure.

At the end, I managed to save only $53. But I'm pleased. It's a lot better than what I normally save.

One complaint I have is I do wish there were coupons for fresh produce. I buy a lot of fruit and veggies, and those seem to add up the most.

Do you have any coupon tips or tricks?


No comments:

Post a Comment